Newark Bathrooms and Kitchens
Terms and Conditions
- By agreeing for work to commence you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All quotes must be checked by you the customer to ensure it is complete and accurate, all products required are included and suitable for your needs. Any products/prices missed from the quote but still supplied will be charged accordingly.
- Despite our best efforts, occasionally we may misprice, mistype/write or miscalculate quotes, services or products. Should this happen we are not obliged to supply the products or services at the incorrect price.
- All products are subject to availability, should any item not be available from supplier stock we will take all reasonable steps to contact you to ask how you wish to proceed.
- Slight colour variations may occur in panels, granite, doors and tiles which is due to manufacturing. This is not a fault and is beyond our control.
- Any products or work not listed are not included in the final quotation price. We are not responsible for any additional contractual work other than work specified in the quotation, e.g. electrical work, painting and decorating, plastering and carpentry.
- All wallpaper must be removed before work commences, failure to do so will incur an additional charge and delay work schedules.
- Any additional work required by you will be charged accordingly.
- You are required to bring to our attention anything which is relevant to the products and service you require, e.g. your building is a Listed Building.
- You will need to obtain all necessary local authority consents, planning permissions and any other consents and permissions for relevant work prior to work starting.
- If it’s agreed that we will fit any items purchased by you elsewhere, a fitting charge will be added and no responsibility will be taken by our company for any damage or faults.
- Should you require any items already owned and in use to be re-used/relocated, no responsibility can be taken by us if these items are damaged during removal and relocation. We will try to limit any damage caused during this removal/re-fitting but unless previously agreed, our services do not include putting right any damage to tiles, decorating, painting or other items in close proximity.
- This quote has been prepared based on what can been seen and assumed during the visit to your premises, sometimes during removal of your old items unforeseen circumstances may require additional work to be carried out (e.g. previous bad workmanship, rotten walls and joists through water damage or discovery of asbestos), we reserve the right to add this additional cost onto your final bill and to appoint a suitable third party to carry out this work if unable to be done by us. If you cannot be contacted at the time of any discovery then photographs will be taken and work will continue appropriately.
- This quote is submitted based on staff and contractors being able to carry out their work unhindered and uninterrupted, and are allowed continuous access to a safe working environment with proper and free access to the property concerned, including the loft.
- All services will be provided with minimum disruption to utilities and with reasonable care and skill, but should any remedial work be required as a result of our failings during installation, we reserve the right to carry out this work ourselves or appoint a suitable third party.
- Whilst every care will be taken by our team, we cannot take responsibility for damage to paintwork, walls, floors, doors, pictures and furniture if damage results from the movement of materials, goods and tools in a normal fashion, or items on adjoining walls due to normal installation procedures (e.g. shelved ornaments on the other side of the wall). We request all items be moved prior to our arrival.
- Unless resulting from the negligence of us or any one of our appointed subcontractors, we will not be held responsible for the correction of any faults or failures to the supply of water, electricity, gas, water or drainage systems or any other conduits or systems connected to the property.
- Whilst we make every effort to begin work on the agreed start date and finish within the agreed timescale, we accept no liability for failure to do so as these timescales are only a guide and may be affected by factors beyond our reasonable control. We will let you know as soon as possible of any unexpected delays but free and proper access is still required during the new start and end date.
- Deposits are non-refundable except in limiting circumstances (decided at the discretion of Newark Bathrooms & Kitchens).
- Unless otherwise agreed, a 10% deposit is required to confirm your order, the second payment of 70% of the remaining balance is due on or before the start date and final payment is due upon completion. In the unlikely event that there are any issues outstanding on the last day of work, an unreasonable amount of money cannot be withheld, proportionate to the item/s in question.
- All items remain the property of Newark Bathrooms and Kitchens until payment has been received in full.
- Once full payment is received, all work is guaranteed for 12 months from the completion date.
- For our guarantee terms and conditions and bathroom cleaning and maintenance instructions please see our website www.newarkbathroomsandkitchens.co.uk or ask us for a copy.
- Any cancelled products already received at the showroom or your premises will be subject to the restocking fee that we are charged (minimum of 25%). Any bespoke made items/special orders cannot be returned/refunded unless faulty.
- For supply only, if you supply us with measurements you must ensure that they are accurate, we take no responsibility if they are incorrect and any items already ordered will be subject to a re-stocking fee (see above clause on cancelled products).
- For supply only, any missing, damaged or faulty items will be supplied to you and fitted at your own cost.